Roadworks in Leicester: w/c Sunday 6 December, 2012
New work starting this week:
• Church Gate: Christmas light removal. Overnight only - until Monday 14 January. Belvoir Street, Horesfiar Street, Silver Street and Cank Street will also be closed as required for the removal of the lights.
• Lutterworth Road: Water main work. Sunday 6 Januray only. One lane will be closed near to Middelton Street junction.
• Pocklingtons Walk: Cabling. Overnight only. At the junction with Newarke Street.
• Newarke Street: Experimental restriction. One lane closed between the Magazine and Pocklingtons Walk.
• Fosse Road Central: Gas main work. 24-hour temporary signals in use between Hinckley Road and Westcotes Drive.
On-going works in the city:
• Grange Lane: new development. Road closed between Deacon Street and Gosling Street. Diversions in place. Also, one-way orders on Deacon Street, Gosling Street and The Gateway reversed.
• Western Road: building works. Road closed between Saxon Street and Roman Street. Diversions along Celt Street, Narborough Road, Gaul Street and Wilberforce Road.
• Wimbledon Street: construction work. Road closed at junction with Humberstone Road. One-way order reversed, access from Southampton Street.
• Lanesborough Road: water main work. Road closed until Monday 7 January. Local diversions in place.
Please note that emergency situations may require work schedules to be changed at short notice.
For queries please contact Area Traffic Control on 0116 254 0000. ATC Lines are open Monday-Friday 6.30am-6.30pm, and 9.30am to 1pm on Saturdays.
Details of roadworks and information about car parking in are available online at www.leicester.gov.uk/travel
For up-to-date information tune in to Radio Leicester (104.9 FM).
Council Press Office:
- 0116 252 6074
- 0116 252 6081
- 0116 252 7926
Email us at: