Roadworks in Leicester: w/c Sunday February 3, 2013
New work starting this week:
• Red Hill Way: Off-peak lane restrictions in place near to Red Hill Circle, for parks work to be carried out.
• St Nicholas Circle: One-day lane closure near to the Holiday Inn linked to installation of new sound system, on February 8.
• University Road: Closed at the junction with London Road for gas main renewal, from February 7 to 13. Two-way temporary signals will allow one lane of traffic in each direction, with long delays expected.
• Newarke Street: Experimental restriction. One lane closed between the Magazine and Pocklingtons Walk, until February 8.
On-going works in the city:
• London Road: gas main work. Outbound lane restrictions between Saxby Street and St Albans Road until February 6.
• Parker Drive: gas main work. 24-hour temporary signals in use at junction with Babingly Drive.
• Grange Lane: new development. Road closed between Deacon Street and Gosling Street. Diversions in place. Also, one-way orders on Deacon Street, Gosling Street and The Gateway reversed.
• Western Road: building works. Road closed between Saxon Street and Roman Street. Diversions along Celt Street, Narborough Road, Gaul Street and Wilberforce Road.
• Wimbledon Street: construction work. Road closed at junction with Humberstone Road. One-way order reversed, access from Southampton Street.
Please note that emergency situations may require work schedules to be changed at short notice.
For queries please contact Area Traffic Control on 0116 254 0000. ATC Lines are open Monday-Friday 6.30am-6.30pm, and 9.30am to 1pm on Saturdays.
Details of roadworks and information about car parking in are available online at www.leicester.gov.uk/travel
For up-to-date information tune in to Radio Leicester (104.9 FM).
Council Press Office:
- 0116 252 6074
- 0116 252 6081
- 0116 252 7926
Email us at: