Roadworks in Leicester: w/c Sunday February 24, 2013
New work starting this week:
• Sandhills Avenue: sewer work. Road closed between Thornborough Way and Saddlers Road until Monday (Feb 25).
• Glenfrith Way: gas main work. No right turn into Glenfield Hospital from Sunday (Feb 24). Diversions via New Parks Way island.
• Humberstone Gate East: carriageway and footpath improvements. No right turn into Humberstone Gate East from Charles Street, eastbound lane closed from Charles Steet to Clarence Lane from Sunday (Feb 24). Diversions in place.
• Haddon Street: water main work. Road closed between Hartingdon Road and Berners Street from Monday (Feb 25).
On-going works in the city:
• Silver Street: footway and carriageway resurfacing. Road closed except for deliveries. Pedestrain access maintained.
• Newarke Street: experimental lane closure. One-lane closed between the Magazine and Pocklingtons Walk.
• Parker Drive: gas main work. 24-hour temporary signals in use at junction with Babingly Drive.
• Grange Lane: new development. Road closed between Deacon Street and Gosling Street. Diversions in place. Also, one-way orders on Deacon Street, Gosling Street and The Gateway reversed.
• Western Road: building works. Road closed between Saxon Street and Roman Street. Diversions along Celt Street, Narborough Road, Gaul Street and Wilberforce Road.
• Wimbledon Street: construction work. Road closed at junction with Humberstone Road. One-way order reversed, access from Southampton Street.
Please note that emergency situations may require work schedules to be changed at short notice.
For queries please contact Area Traffic Control on 0116 254 0000. ATC Lines are open Monday-Friday 6.30am-6.30pm, and 9.30am to 1pm on Saturdays.
Details of roadworks and information about car parking in are available online at www.leicester.gov.uk/travel
For up-to-date information tune in to Radio Leicester (104.9 FM).
Council Press Office:
- 0116 252 6074
- 0116 252 6081
- 0116 252 7926
Email us at: