Roadworks in Leicester - 14th August 2016
Published on Friday, August 12, 2016
New work starting week commencing Sunday, August 14:
• The Newarke: Castle Classic cycle race. Roads closed on race route on Sunday (14 August) only. Castle Yard; parts of Raw Dykes Road; Filbert Way; Upperton Road; Western Boulevard; Eastern Boulevard; Mill Lane; The Gateway; Newarke Close; Castle View; Castle Street; Duns Lane; Westbridge Close; Bede Island Road; Corah Street; Braunstone Gate; Tarragon Road.
• Groby Road: lighting works. Lane closure city-bound near junction with Brading Road on Monday (15 August) only.
• Welford Place: lighting works. Off-peak lane closures from Newarke Street to Welford Road from Tuesday (16 August).
Ongoing works in the city:
• Oxford Street: building works. Off-peak lane restrictions in place close to junction with Newarke Street.
• Jupiter Close: Building work. Road closed. Diversions in place.
• Welford Road: Junction improvements and bus gate works. Lane closures on Aylestone Road and Welford Road at the Welford Road turn-off (around the former Granby Halls site).
• Millstone Lane: District heating scheme works. Closed between Pocklington's Walk and Friar Lane. Berridge Street also closed. Diversions in place.
• Blackbird Road: water main work. Lane closure between Anstey Lane and Cornwall Road towards Parker Drive. Bus stops in the area will be suspended but access will be maintained for residents and businesses.
• Marble Street: carriageway improvements. Road closed between Newarke Street, Millstone Lane and Chancery Street. Diversions in place.
• Saffron Lane: water main work. Temporary signals in use between Burgess Road and Knighton Lane. Some temporary closures on side roads as required.
• Glenfield Road: new pedestrian crossing. Lane closures as required around the Gimson Road/Sandhurst Road junction.
• York Street: building work. Road closed between Albion Street and Granby Street. Diversions in place.
• Marlborough Street: construction work. Road closed between Welford Road and Duke Street. Diversions in place.
• Granby Street: carriageway improvements. Road closed between Dover Street and Bishop Street. Diversions in place. Also, various restrictions in place on Belvoir Street as required.
• Nichols Street: building work. Road closed between Burton Street and Midland Street. Diversions in place.
Please note that emergency situations may require work schedules to be changed at short notice.
For queries please contact Area Traffic Control on 0116 254 0000. ATC Lines are open Monday-Friday 6.30am-6.30pm, and 9.30am to 1pm on Saturdays.
For up-to-date information tune in to Radio Leicester (104.9 FM).
Details of roadworks and information about car parking in Leicester are available online at www.leicester.gov.uk/travel