Roadworks in Leicester - 21st August 2016
Published on Friday, August 19, 2016
New work starting week commencing Sunday, August 21:
• Regent Road: traffic signal renewals. Temporary signals in place at junction with De Montfort Street on Sunday (Aug 21) only.
• Groby Road: traffic signal renewals. Temporary signals in place at the junction with Brady Road and Garland Crescent from Tuesday (Aug 23).
Ongoing works in the city:
• Market Place South: redevelopment works. Road closed. Also affects parts of Hotel Street, Market Place and Friar Lane. Diversions in place.
• Oxford Street: building works. Off-peak lane restrictions in place close to junction with Newarke Street.
• Jupiter Close: Building work. Road closed. Diversions in place.
• Welford Road: Junction improvements and bus gate works. Lane closures on Aylestone Road and Welford Road at the Welford Road turn-off (around the former Granby Halls site).
• Millstone Lane: District heating scheme works. Closed between Pocklington's Walk and Friar Lane. Berridge Street also closed. Diversions in place.
• Blackbird Road: water main work. Lane closure between Anstey Lane and Cornwall Road towards Parker Drive. Bus stops in the area will be suspended but access will be maintained for residents and businesses.
• Marble Street: carriageway improvements. Road closed between Newarke Street, Millstone Lane and Chancery Street. Diversions in place.
• Saffron Lane: water main work. Temporary signals in use between Burgess Road and Knighton Lane. Some temporary closures on side roads as required.
• Glenfield Road: new pedestrian crossing. Lane closures as required around the Gimson Road/Sandhurst Road junction.
• York Street: building work. Road closed between Albion Street and Granby Street. Diversions in place.
• Marlborough Street: construction work. Road closed between Welford Road and Duke Street. Diversions in place.
• Belvoir Street: carriageway improvements. Road closed between Granby Street and Albion Street. Diversions in place.
• Nichols Street: building work. Road closed between Burton Street and Midland Street. Diversions in place.
Please note that emergency situations may require work schedules to be changed at short notice.
For queries please contact Area Traffic Control on 0116 254 0000. ATC Lines are open Monday-Friday 6.30am-6.30pm, and 9.30am to 1pm on Saturdays.
For up-to-date information tune in to Radio Leicester (104.9 FM).
Details of roadworks and information about car parking in Leicester are available online at www.leicester.gov.uk/travel