Roadworks in Leicester - 4th December 2016
Published on Friday, December 2, 2016
New work starting week commencing Sunday, 4 December:
• Queens Road: Christmas fair. Road closed between Clarendon Park Road and Victoria Park Road on Sunday (4 Dec) only. Diversions in place.
• Roborough Green: carriageway improvements. Road closed between Colthurst Way and Kinross Avenue from Monday (5 Dec). Diversions in place.
Ongoing works in the city:
• Regent Road: carriageway works. Road closed between Waterloo Way and De Montfort Street in outbound direction only (heading towards Victoria Park). Diversions in place.
• Old Mill Lane: water main works. Road closed. Diversions in place.
• Grange Lane: building works. Road closed between Deacon Street and Gosling Street. Other restrictions, as required in surrounding roads including changes to the one-way system on Deacon Street, The Gateway and Gosling Street.
• Welford Road: Junction improvements and bus gate works. Lane closures in place, and other restrictions as required, at turn-off onto Infirmary Road (close to hospital car park).
• Market Place South: redevelopment works. Road closed. Also affects parts of Hotel Street, Market Place and Friar Lane. Diversions in place.
• Jupiter Close: Building work. Road closed. Diversions in place.
• York Street: building work. Road closed between Albion Street and Granby Street. Diversions in place.
• Marlborough Street: construction work. Road closed between Welford Road and Duke Street. Diversions in place.
• Nichols Street: building work. Road closed between Burton Street and Midland Street. Diversions in place.
Please note that emergency situations may require work schedules to be changed at short notice.
For queries please contact Area Traffic Control on 0116 254 0000. ATC Lines are open Monday-Friday 6.30am-6.30pm, and 9.30am to 1pm on Saturdays.
For up-to-date information tune in to Radio Leicester (104.9 FM).
Details of roadworks and information about car parking in Leicester are available online at www.leicester.gov.uk/travel