Roadworks in Leicester - 24th July 2016
Published on Friday, July 22, 2016
New work starting week commencing Sunday, July 24:
• Narborough Road: carriageway resurfacing. Overnight road closures, between 8pm and 6am, affecting county-bound traffic at the Braunstone Lane East junction from Monday (25 July). Diversions in place.
• Rutland Street: window cleaning contractors on highway. Road closed from 6am until 5pm between Queen Street and Southampton Street, and between Southampton Street and Humberstone Gate. Southampton Street also closed at its junction with Rutland Street. Work continues until Sunday (24 July).
• Southgates: traffic signals works. Lane restrictions at the Southgates underpass (towards Highcross Street) from 4am until 9am on Sunday (24 July) only.
• Red Hill Way: carriageway resurfacing. Contraflow in place between Red Hill Circle and the Thurcaston Road island from Saturday (23 July). Side roads including Halifax Drive, Astill Drive, Thurcaston Road and Belgrave Boulevard also closed.
• Keyham Lane West: water main work. Road closed between Barry Road and Ivychurch Crescent from Monday (25 July). Diversions in place.
• Hilltop Road: carriageway resurfacing. Road closed on Sunday (24 July) only.
• Blackbird Road: water main work. Lane closure between Anstey Lane and Cornwall Road towards Parker Drive from Monday (25 July). Bus stops in the area will be suspended but access will be maintained for residents and businesses.
• Marble Street: carriageway improvements. Road closed between Newarke Street, Millstone Lane and Chancery Street from Monday (25 July). Diversions in place.
On-going works in the city:
• Anstey Lane: water main work. Lane closures between Larchcroft Road and the Blackbird Road junction.
• Saffron Lane: water main work. Temporary signals in use between Burgess Road and Knighton Lane. Some temporary closures on side roads as required.
• Glenfield Road: new pedestrian crossing. Lane closures as required around the Gimson Road/Sandhurst Road junction.
• York Street: building works. Road closed between Albion Street and Granby Street. Diversions in place.
• Marlborough Street: construction work. Road closed between Welford Road and Duke Street. Diversions in place.
• Granby Street: carriageway improvements. Road closed between Dover Street and Bishop Street. Diversions in place. Also, various restrictions in place on Belvoir Street as required.
• Nichols Street: building works. Road closed between Burton Street and Midland Street. Diversions in place.
Please note that emergency situations may require work schedules to be changed at short notice.
For queries please contact Area Traffic Control on 0116 254 0000. ATC Lines are open Monday-Friday 6.30am-6.30pm, and 9.30am to 1pm on Saturdays.
For up-to-date information tune in to Radio Leicester (104.9 FM).
Details of roadworks and information about car parking in Leicester are available online at www.leicester.gov.uk/travel