Roadworks in Leicester - 31st July 2016
Published on Friday, July 29, 2016
New work starting week commencing Sunday, July 31:• Millstone Lane: District heating scheme works. Closed between Pocklington's Walk and Friar Lane from Monday 1 August. Berridge Street also closed. Diversions in place.
• Ulverscroft Road: Building work. Road closed from Catherine Street between 8am and 6pm on Sunday 31 July only. Diversions in place.
• Welford Road: Carriageway resurfacing. Closed county-bound from Asquith Way to Roehampton Drive from Sunday 31 July. Diversions in place.
•Jupiter Close: Building work. Road closed from Monday 1 August. Diversions in place.
Ongoing works in the city:
• Keyham Lane West: water main work. Road closed between Barry Road and Ivychurch Crescent. Diversions in place.
• Blackbird Road: water main work. Lane closure between Anstey Lane and Cornwall Road towards Parker Drive. Bus stops in the area will be suspended but access will be maintained for residents and businesses.
• Marble Street: carriageway improvements. Road closed between Newarke Street, Millstone Lane and Chancery Street. Diversions in place.
• Saffron Lane: water main work. Temporary signals in use between Burgess Road and Knighton Lane. Some temporary closures on side roads as required.
• Glenfield Road: new pedestrian crossing. Lane closures as required around the Gimson Road/Sandhurst Road junction.
• York Street: building work. Road closed between Albion Street and Granby Street. Diversions in place.
• Marlborough Street: construction work. Road closed between Welford Road and Duke Street. Diversions in place.
• Granby Street: carriageway improvements. Road closed between Dover Street and Bishop Street. Diversions in place. Also, various restrictions in place on Belvoir Street as required.
• Nichols Street: building work. Road closed between Burton Street and Midland Street. Diversions in place.
Please note that emergency situations may require work schedules to be changed at short notice.
For queries please contact Area Traffic Control on 0116 254 0000. ATC Lines are open Monday-Friday 6.30am-6.30pm, and 9.30am to 1pm on Saturdays.
For up-to-date information tune in to Radio Leicester (104.9 FM).
Details of roadworks and information about car parking in Leicester are available online at www.leicester.gov.uk/travel