Roadworks in Leicester - 26th June 2016
Published on Friday, June 24, 2016
New work starting week commencing Sunday, June 26:
• Welford Road: carriageway resurfacing. Road reduced to one lane of traffic overnight, from 8pm until 6am, on Saturday (Jun 25) and Sunday (Jun 26). Overnight road closures also in place on Regent Road, between Duke Street and Welford Road, and Carlton Street, between Welford Road and Lower Brown Street. Diversions in place.
• Jarvis Street: construction works. Road closed between All Saints Road and Blackfriars Street on Sunday (Jun 26) only. Diversions in place.
On-going works in the city:
• Marlborough Street: construction work. Road closed between Welford Road and Duke Street. Diversions in place.
• Belvoir Street: carriageway works. Various restrictions in place as required between Granby Street and Albion Street. Diversions in place
• Groby Road: improvement works. Various restrictions in place on the A50, around County Hall Island, and New Parks Way through to Aikman Avenue.
• Beaumont Leys Lane: footpath improvements. Temporary signals at junction with Leicester Road.
• Nichols Street: building works. Road closed between Burton Street and Midland Street. Diversions in place.
Please note that emergency situations may require work schedules to be changed at short notice.
For queries please contact Area Traffic Control on 0116 254 0000. ATC Lines are open Monday-Friday 6.30am-6.30pm, and 9.30am to 1pm on Saturdays.
For up-to-date information tune in to Radio Leicester (104.9 FM).
Details of roadworks and information about car parking in Leicester are available online at www.leicester.gov.uk/travel