Roadworks in Leicester - 13th November 2016
Published on Friday, November 11, 2016
New work starting week commencing Sunday, November 13:
• Horsefair Street: cabling works. Road closed between Every Street and Granby Street on Sunday (13 Nov) only. Diversions in place.
• Tudor Road: water main work. Road closed on Monday (14 Nov) only. Diversions in place.
?• Saffron Lane: development works. Lane closure in place close to new development from Monday (14 Nov).
• Horsefair Street: Christmas lights switch-on. Road closed between Bowling Green Street and Granby Street from 3pm-8pm on Thursday (17 Nov) only. Restrictions also in place on Every Street, Humberstone Gate (between Charles Street and Granby Street), Gallowtree Gate and East Gates . Access for pedestrians will be maintained. Diversions in place.
Ongoing works in the city:
• Dominion Road: carriageway improvements. Road closed in outbound direction only between New Parks Way and Charnor Road. Diversions in place.
• Groby Road: footpath and cycle lane improvements. Lane closures in place, inbound only, close to Brading Road.
• Melbourne Road: water main repairs. Road closed between St Peter’s Road and Berners Street. Diversions in place.
• Kerrial Road: carriageway improvements. Road closed between Bringhurst Road and Frolesworth Road. Diversions in place.
• Humberstone Lane: gas main work. Temporary signals in place between Herrick Road and Barkbythorpe Road.
• Welford Road: Junction improvements and bus gate works. Lane closures in place, and other restrictions as required, at turn-off onto Infirmary Road (close to hospital car park).
• Belvoir Street: carriageway improvements. Various restrictions as required between Granby Street and Albion Street.
• Market Place South: redevelopment works. Road closed. Also affects parts of Hotel Street, Market Place and Friar Lane. Diversions in place.
• Jupiter Close: Building work. Road closed. Diversions in place.
• Millstone Lane: District heating scheme works. Closed between Pocklington's Walk and Friar Lane. Berridge Street also closed. Diversions in place.
• York Street: building work. Road closed between Albion Street and Granby Street. Diversions in place.
• Marlborough Street: construction work. Road closed between Welford Road and Duke Street. Diversions in place.
• Nichols Street: building work. Road closed between Burton Street and Midland Street. Diversions in place.
Please note that emergency situations may require work schedules to be changed at short notice.
For queries please contact Area Traffic Control on 0116 254 0000. ATC Lines are open Monday-Friday 6.30am-6.30pm, and 9.30am to 1pm on Saturdays.
For up-to-date information tune in to Radio Leicester (104.9 FM).
Details of roadworks and information about car parking in Leicester are available online at www.leicester.gov.uk/travel