Roadworks in Leicester - 27th November 2016
Published on Friday, November 25, 2016
New work starting week commencing Sunday, 27 November:
• Allandale Road: Christmas fair. Road closed on Sunday (27 Nov) only. Also affects Francis Street. Access for pedestrians and residents maintained. Diversions in place.
• East Park Road: Nagar Kirtan procession. Rolling road closures, as required, along processions route (East Park Road, St Peter’s Road, Sparkenhoe Street, Swain Street, St George’s Way, Charles Street, Northampton Street, Granby Street, Gallowtree Gate, East Gates, High Street, St Nicholas Place, St Nicholas Circle and Holybones) from 11am on Sunday (27 Nov) only.
• Braunstone Gate: Winter Westival event. Road closed between Narborough Road and Bede Street on Sunday (27 Nov) only. Diversions in place.
• Regent Road: carriageway works. Road closed between Waterloo Way and De Montfort Street in outbound direction only (heading towards Victoria Park) from Monday (28 Nov). Diversions in place.
• Swithland Avenue: carriageway resurfacing. Road closed from Monday (28 Nov). Diversions in place.
• Old Mill Lane: water main works. Road closed from Monday (28 Nov). Diversions in place.
Ongoing works in the city:
• Groby Road: footpath and cycle lane improvements. Lane closures in place, inbound only, close to Brading Road.
• Grange Lane: building works. Road closed between Deacon Street and Gosling Street. Other restrictions, as required in surrounding roads including changes to the one-way system on Deacon Street, The Gateway and Gosling Street.
• Humberstone Lane: gas main work. Temporary signals in place between Herrick Road and Barkbythorpe Road.
• Welford Road: Junction improvements and bus gate works. Lane closures in place, and other restrictions as required, at turn-off onto Infirmary Road (close to hospital car park).
• Market Place South: redevelopment works. Road closed. Also affects parts of Hotel Street, Market Place and Friar Lane. Diversions in place.
• Jupiter Close: Building work. Road closed. Diversions in place.
• York Street: building work. Road closed between Albion Street and Granby Street. Diversions in place.
• Marlborough Street: construction work. Road closed between Welford Road and Duke Street. Diversions in place.
• Nichols Street: building work. Road closed between Burton Street and Midland Street. Diversions in place.
Please note that emergency situations may require work schedules to be changed at short notice.
For queries please contact Area Traffic Control on 0116 254 0000. ATC Lines are open Monday-Friday 6.30am-6.30pm, and 9.30am to 1pm on Saturdays.
For up-to-date information tune in to Radio Leicester (104.9 FM).
Details of roadworks and information about car parking in Leicester are available online at www.leicester.gov.uk/travel