Roadworks in Leicester - 16th October 2016
Published on Friday, October 14, 2016
New work starting week commencing Sunday, October 16:
• Belgrave Road: Diwali Lights switch on event. Road closed from Belgrave Circle to Loughborough from 5pm until 9.30pm on Sunday (16 Oct) only. A short section of the road, between Belgrave Circle and Garfield Street, will be closed from 10am. Parking and other restrictions in place on side streets throughout the day.
Also, rolling restrictions will be in place for short time only along the Diwali lantern parade route (High Street, East Gates, Haymarket and Belgrave Gate) from 4.30pm.
?• Saffron Lane: carriageway resurfacing. Road closed, in outbound direction only, between Grace Road and Knighton Lane East from Sunday (16 Oct). Diversions in place.
• Hinckley Road: carriageway improvements. Lane restrictions in place close to Dovelands School and Kingswood Avenue from Monday (17 Oct).
Ongoing works in the city:
• Evington Road: cabling works. No access from junction with London Road or Granville Road. Diversions in place.
• Hamilton Way: pedestrian crossing installation. Off-peak lane closures and temporary signals between Thurtmaston lane roundabout and Hungarton Boulevard.
• Humberstone Lane: gas main work. Temporary signals in place between Herrick Road and Barkbythorpe Road.
• Welford Road: Junction improvements and bus gate works. Lane closures in place, and other restrictions as required, at turn-off onto Infirmary Road (close to hospital car park).
• Belvoir Street: carriageway improvements. Various restrictions as required between Granby Street and Albion Street.
• Market Place South: redevelopment works. Road closed. Also affects parts of Hotel Street, Market Place and Friar Lane. Diversions in place.
• Jupiter Close: Building work. Road closed. Diversions in place.
• Millstone Lane: District heating scheme works. Closed between Pocklington's Walk and Friar Lane. Berridge Street also closed. Diversions in place.
• Marble Street: carriageway improvements. Road closed between Newarke Street, Millstone Lane and Chancery Street. Diversions in place.
• York Street: building work. Road closed between Albion Street and Granby Street. Diversions in place.
• Marlborough Street: construction work. Road closed between Welford Road and Duke Street. Diversions in place.
• Nichols Street: building work. Road closed between Burton Street and Midland Street. Diversions in place.
Please note that emergency situations may require work schedules to be changed at short notice.
For queries please contact Area Traffic Control on 0116 254 0000. ATC Lines are open Monday-Friday 6.30am-6.30pm, and 9.30am to 1pm on Saturdays.
For up-to-date information tune in to Radio Leicester (104.9 FM).
Details of roadworks and information about car parking in Leicester are available online at www.leicester.gov.uk/travel