Roadworks in Leicester - 30th October 2016
Published on Friday, October 28, 2016
New work starting week commencing Sunday, October 30:
• Belgrave Road: Diwali Day celebrations. Road closed between Belgrave Circle and Loughborough Road from 5pm to 9.30pm on Sunday (30 Oct) only. Also affects Melton Road, between Doncaster Road and Belgrave Road. Parking and other restrictions in place on side streets throughout the day.
?• Burgess Street: cleaning works. Road closed between Junior Street and Long Lane from 7am to 10am on Sunday (30 Oct) only. Diversions in place.
• Sutherland Street: water main work. Road closed at junction with St Peters Road on Sunday (30 Oct) only.
• Granville Road: line marking. Temporary road closure in place on Sunday (30 Oct) only. Diversions in place. Also affects Victoria Park car park, which will be closed for a short time on Sunday morning.
Ongoing works in the city:
• Groby Road: footpath and cycle lane improvements. Lane closures in place, inbound only, close to Brading Road.
• Hamilton Way: pedestrian crossing installation. Off-peak lane closures and temporary signals between Thurtmaston lane roundabout and Hungarton Boulevard.
• Humberstone Lane: gas main work. Temporary signals in place between Herrick Road and Barkbythorpe Road.
• Welford Road: Junction improvements and bus gate works. Lane closures in place, and other restrictions as required, at turn-off onto Infirmary Road (close to hospital car park).
• Belvoir Street: carriageway improvements. Various restrictions as required between Granby Street and Albion Street.
• Market Place South: redevelopment works. Road closed. Also affects parts of Hotel Street, Market Place and Friar Lane. Diversions in place.
• Jupiter Close: Building work. Road closed. Diversions in place.
• Millstone Lane: District heating scheme works. Closed between Pocklington's Walk and Friar Lane. Berridge Street also closed. Diversions in place.
• Marble Street: carriageway improvements. Road closed between Newarke Street, Millstone Lane and Chancery Street. Diversions in place.
• York Street: building work. Road closed between Albion Street and Granby Street. Diversions in place.
• Marlborough Street: construction work. Road closed between Welford Road and Duke Street. Diversions in place.
• Nichols Street: building work. Road closed between Burton Street and Midland Street. Diversions in place.
Please note that emergency situations may require work schedules to be changed at short notice.
For queries please contact Area Traffic Control on 0116 254 0000. ATC Lines are open Monday-Friday 6.30am-6.30pm, and 9.30am to 1pm on Saturdays.
For up-to-date information tune in to Radio Leicester (104.9 FM).
Details of roadworks and information about car parking in Leicester are available online at www.leicester.gov.uk/travel