Roadworks in Leicester - 18th September 2016
Published on Friday, September 16, 2016
New work starting week commencing Sunday, September 18:
• London Road: drainage works. Lane closure at Highfield Street on Sunday (18 September) only.
• Carlton Street: gas main works. Lane closure on Sunday (18 September) only.
• London Road: Battle of Britain parade. London Road closed from Victoria Park Road to Granville Road from 9.30am-12.30pm and Granville Road closed from Regent Road to London Road from 9am-3pm on Sunday (18 September) only.
?Ongoing works in the city:
• Friar Lane: carriageway works. Various restrictions in place as required.
• Humberstone Lane: gas main work. Temporary signals in place between Herrick Road and Barkbythorpe Road.
• Berridge Street: district heating work. Road closed. Diversions in place.
• Welford Road: Junction improvements and bus gate works. Lane closures in place, and other restrictions as required, at turn-off onto Infirmary Road (close to hospital car park).
• Belvoir Street: carriageway improvements. Various restrictions as required between Granby Street and Albion Street.
• Parry Street: water main works. Road closed between Humberstone Road and Barker Street. Diversions in place.
• Andrewes Street: water main work. Road closed between Hinckley Road and West Holme Street.
• Market Place South: redevelopment works. Road closed. Also affects parts of Hotel Street, Market Place and Friar Lane. Diversions in place.
• Jupiter Close: Building work. Road closed. Diversions in place.
• Millstone Lane: District heating scheme works. Closed between Pocklington's Walk and Friar Lane. Berridge Street also closed. Diversions in place.
• Marble Street: carriageway improvements. Road closed between Newarke Street, Millstone Lane and Chancery Street. Diversions in place.
• York Street: building work. Road closed between Albion Street and Granby Street. Diversions in place.
• Marlborough Street: construction work. Road closed between Welford Road and Duke Street. Diversions in place.
• Nichols Street: building work. Road closed between Burton Street and Midland Street. Diversions in place.
Please note that emergency situations may require work schedules to be changed at short notice.
For queries please contact Area Traffic Control on 0116 254 0000. ATC Lines are open Monday-Friday 6.30am-6.30pm, and 9.30am to 1pm on Saturdays.
For up-to-date information tune in to Radio Leicester (104.9 FM).
Details of roadworks and information about car parking in Leicester are available online at www.leicester.gov.uk/travel