Roadworks in Leicester - 25th September 2016
Published on Friday, September 23, 2016
New work starting week commencing Sunday, September 25:
• New Parks Boulevard: gully works. Road closed between Frolesworth Way and New Parks Way on Monday and Tuesday (26-27 September) only. Diversions in place.
• Bonney Road: carriageway works. Road closed between Gillman Road and Stenson Road on Monday and Tuesday (26-27 September) only. Bus service 162 will operate via Glazebrook Road between Glazebrook Square and Gillman Road.
• Park Rise: carriageway works. Road closed between New Parks Way and Covett Way on Friday (30 September) only. Passengers using bus service 12 should board and alight at the turning circle on Park Rise: other stops on Park Rise will not be in operation.
• Kent Street: cabling works. Road closed between Humberstone Road and Sussex Street from 9.30am until 3.30pm on Saturday (1 October) only. Diversions in place.
?Ongoing works in the city:
• Humberstone Lane: gas main work. Temporary signals in place between Herrick Road and Barkbythorpe Road.
• Berridge Street: district heating work. Road closed. Diversions in place.
• Welford Road: Junction improvements and bus gate works. Lane closures in place, and other restrictions as required, at turn-off onto Infirmary Road (close to hospital car park).
• Belvoir Street: carriageway improvements. Various restrictions as required between Granby Street and Albion Street.
• Market Place South: redevelopment works. Road closed. Also affects parts of Hotel Street, Market Place and Friar Lane. Diversions in place.
• Jupiter Close: Building work. Road closed. Diversions in place.
• Millstone Lane: District heating scheme works. Closed between Pocklington's Walk and Friar Lane. Berridge Street also closed. Diversions in place.
• Marble Street: carriageway improvements. Road closed between Newarke Street, Millstone Lane and Chancery Street. Diversions in place.
• York Street: building work. Road closed between Albion Street and Granby Street. Diversions in place.
• Marlborough Street: construction work. Road closed between Welford Road and Duke Street. Diversions in place.
• Nichols Street: building work. Road closed between Burton Street and Midland Street. Diversions in place.
Please note that emergency situations may require work schedules to be changed at short notice.
For queries please contact Area Traffic Control on 0116 254 0000. ATC Lines are open Monday-Friday 6.30am-6.30pm, and 9.30am to 1pm on Saturdays.
For up-to-date information tune in to Radio Leicester (104.9 FM).
Details of roadworks and information about car parking in Leicester are available online at www.leicester.gov.uk/travel