Roadworks in Leicester - 2nd October 2016
Published on Friday, September 30, 2016
New work starting week commencing Sunday, October 2:
• Uppingham Road: water main work. Temporary signals in place at junction with Goodwood Road on Sunday (Oct 2) only.
• Carlton Street: gas main works. Lane closures in place on Sunday (Oct 2) only.
• All Saints Road: construction works. Road closed between Jarvis Street and Bath Lane on Sunday (Oct 2) only. Diversions in place.
• Every Street: Muharram procession. Rolling road closures for short time only along procession route (Every Street, Bishop Street, Granby Street, Gallowtree Gate, Humberstone Gate, East Gates) from 2pm on Sunday (Oct 2)
• Gwendolen Road: sewer works. Temporary lights in place close to The Approach from Monday (Oct 3).
• Belgrave Roundabout: carriageway maintenance. Overnight lane closures in place between 6.30pm and 6am from Tuesday (Oct 4). Also affects Belgrave Road, Belgrave Gate and parts of Dysart Way and Abbey Park Road.
• Kerrysdale Avenue: cabling work. Road closed by junction with Barkby Road on Wednesday (Oct 5) only. Diversions in place.
Ongoing works in the city:
• Humberstone Lane: gas main work. Temporary signals in place between Herrick Road and Barkbythorpe Road.
• Stenson Road: carriageway repairs. Road closed between Bonney Road and Dillon Road.
• Welford Road: Junction improvements and bus gate works. Lane closures in place, and other restrictions as required, at turn-off onto Infirmary Road (close to hospital car park).
• Belvoir Street: carriageway improvements. Various restrictions as required between Granby Street and Albion Street.
• Market Place South: redevelopment works. Road closed. Also affects parts of Hotel Street, Market Place and Friar Lane. Diversions in place.
• Jupiter Close: Building work. Road closed. Diversions in place.
• Millstone Lane: District heating scheme works. Closed between Pocklington's Walk and Friar Lane. Berridge Street also closed. Diversions in place.
• Marble Street: carriageway improvements. Road closed between Newarke Street, Millstone Lane and Chancery Street. Diversions in place.
• York Street: building work. Road closed between Albion Street and Granby Street. Diversions in place.
• Marlborough Street: construction work. Road closed between Welford Road and Duke Street. Diversions in place.
• Nichols Street: building work. Road closed between Burton Street and Midland Street. Diversions in place.
Please note that emergency situations may require work schedules to be changed at short notice.
For queries please contact Area Traffic Control on 0116 254 0000. ATC Lines are open Monday-Friday 6.30am-6.30pm, and 9.30am to 1pm on Saturdays.
For up-to-date information tune in to Radio Leicester (104.9 FM).
Details of roadworks and information about car parking in Leicester are available online at www.leicester.gov.uk/travel