Roadworks in Leicester - 28th August 2016
Published on Friday, August 26, 2016
New work starting week commencing Sunday, August 28:
• Waterloo Way: off-peak lane closures for resurfacing work (August 30 and 31).
• Herongate Road: Lane restrictions outside school for water main work.
• Sky Ride: Various city centre road closures for event on August 28.
• Knighton Road: Closed for carriageway work between Chapel Lane and London Road on August 28 only.
•Glenfield Road: White line painting between Letchworth Road and Woodville Road, August 30 and 31.
Ongoing works in the city:
• Market Place South: redevelopment works. Road closed. Also affects parts of Hotel Street, Market Place and Friar Lane. Diversions in place.
• Jupiter Close: Building work. Road closed. Diversions in place.
• Welford Road: Junction improvements and bus gate works. Lane closures on Aylestone Road and Welford Road at the Welford Road turn-off (around the former Granby Halls site).
• Millstone Lane: District heating scheme works. Closed between Pocklington's Walk and Friar Lane. Berridge Street also closed. Diversions in place.
• Blackbird Road: water main work. Lane closure between Anstey Lane and Cornwall Road towards Parker Drive. Bus stops in the area will be suspended but access will be maintained for residents and businesses.
• Marble Street: carriageway improvements. Road closed between Newarke Street, Millstone Lane and Chancery Street. Diversions in place.
• York Street: building work. Road closed between Albion Street and Granby Street. Diversions in place.
• Marlborough Street: construction work. Road closed between Welford Road and Duke Street. Diversions in place.
• Belvoir Street: carriageway improvements. Road closed between Granby Street and Albion Street. Diversions in place.
• Nichols Street: building work. Road closed between Burton Street and Midland Street. Diversions in place.
Please note that emergency situations may require work schedules to be changed at short notice.
For queries please contact Area Traffic Control on 0116 254 0000. ATC Lines are open Monday-Friday 6.30am-6.30pm, and 9.30am to 1pm on Saturdays.
For up-to-date information tune in to Radio Leicester (104.9 FM).
Details of roadworks and information about car parking in Leicester are available online at www.leicester.gov.uk/travel