Roadworks in Leicester - 12th June 2016
Published on Friday, June 10, 2016
New work starting week commencing Sunday, June 12:
• Burleys Flyover: bridge works. Road closed on Sunday (Jun 12) only. Diversions in place.
• Braunstone Gate: carriageway improvements. Road closed between Narborough Road and Duns Lane for up to two days from Sunday (Jun 12). Diversions in place.
• Packwood Road: cabling work. Road closed at junction with Hayden Close on Monday (Jun 13) only.
• Charles Street: carriageway resurfacing. Road closed between Northampton Street and Halford Street from 7pm on Saturday (Jun 18) until 5am on Monday (Jun 20). Also affects Rutland Street at its junction with Charles Street; and Yeoman Street between Halford Street and Rutland Street. Diversions in place.
On-going works in the city:
• Belvoir Street: carriageway works. Various restrictions in place as required between Granby Street and Albion Street. Diversions in place
• Groby Road: improvement works. Various restrictions in place on the A50, around County Hall Island, and New Parks Way through to Aikman Avenue.
• Beaumont Leys Lane: footpath improvements. Temporary signals at junction with Leicester Road.
• Nichols Street: building works. Road closed between Burton Street and Midland Street. Diversions in place.
Please note that emergency situations may require work schedules to be changed at short notice.
For queries please contact Area Traffic Control on 0116 254 0000. ATC Lines are open Monday-Friday 6.30am-6.30pm, and 9.30am to 1pm on Saturdays.
For up-to-date information tune in to Radio Leicester (104.9 FM).
Details of roadworks and information about car parking in Leicester are available online at www.leicester.gov.uk/travel