Roadworks in Leicester - 19th June 2016
Published on Friday, June 17, 2016
New work starting week commencing Sunday, June 19:
• Charles Street: carriageway resurfacing. Road closed between Northampton Street and Halford Street from 7pm on Saturday (Jun 18) until 5am on Monday (Jun 20). Also affects Rutland Street at its junction with Charles Street; and Yeoman Street between Halford Street and Rutland Street. Diversions in place.
• Oxford Street: building works. Lane restrictions in place close to Newarke Street on Sunday (Jun 19) only.
• All Saints Road: building works. Road closed between Jarvis Street and Bath Lane on Sunday (Jun 19) only. Also affects Bath Lane between All Saints Road and Blackfriars Street. Diversions in place.
• Peacock Lane: Royal Tigers Parade. Rolling road closures, for short time only, along parade route (Peacock Lane, Grey Friars, Friar Lane, Berridge Street, Millstone Lane, Horsefair Street, Bishop Street) on Sunday (Jun 19).
• Queens Road: Clarendon Park Summer Fair. Road closed between Clarendon Park Road and Victoria Park Road on Sunday (Jun 19) only. Diversions in place.
• London Road: cabling work. Overnight lane closures in place between Conduit Street and De Montfort Street from Wednesday (Jun 22).
• Kitchener Road: carriageway repairs. Road closed between St Saviour’s Road and Nottingham Road on Wednesday (Jun 22) only. Diversions in place.
• Kincraig Road: carriageway repairs. Road closed between Gleneagles Avenue and Kincaple Road on Thursday (Jun 23) only. Diversions in place.
• Cademan Close: carriageway repairs. Road closed on Friday (Jun 24) only.
• St Nicholas Place: Armed Forces Day Procession. Rolling road closures, for short time only, along parade route (St Nicholas Place, Guildhall Lane, High Street, Eastgates and Gallowtree Gate) on Saturday (Jun 25).
• Welford Road: carriageway resurfacing. Road reduced to one lane of traffic overnight on Saturday (Jun 25) from 8pm until 6am. Overnight road closures also in place on Regent Road, between Duke Street and Welford Road, and Carlton Street, between Welford Road and Lower Brown Street. Diversions in place.
• Belvoir Street: carriageway works. Various restrictions in place as required between Granby Street and Albion Street. Diversions in place
• Groby Road: improvement works. Various restrictions in place on the A50, around County Hall Island, and New Parks Way through to Aikman Avenue.
• Beaumont Leys Lane: footpath improvements. Temporary signals at junction with Leicester Road.
• Nichols Street: building works. Road closed between Burton Street and Midland Street. Diversions in place.
Please note that emergency situations may require work schedules to be changed at short notice.
For queries please contact Area Traffic Control on 0116 254 0000. ATC Lines are open Monday-Friday 6.30am-6.30pm, and 9.30am to 1pm on Saturdays.
For up-to-date information tune in to Radio Leicester (104.9 FM).
Details of roadworks and information about car parking in Leicester are available online at www.leicester.gov.uk/travel