Roadworks in Leicester - 13th August 2017
Published on Friday, August 11, 2017
New works starting this week (w/c Sunday 13 August):
• Western Boulevard: HSBC UK City Ride. Roads closed to provide traffic free route (Mill Lane, The Gateway, Newarke Close, The Newarke , Peacock Lane, St Martins, Hotel Street, Market Place, Every Street, Cheapside, East Gates, Haymarket, Church Gate, St Peter's Lane, East Bond Street, Causeway Lane, Duns Lane, Castle Street, Castle View, Western Boulevard, Eastern Boulevard, Upperton Road, Raw Dykes Road, Filbert Way) on Sunday (13 Aug) only. Diversions in place.
• Welford Road: road safety scheme. Road closed in outbound direction only between Chapel Lane and Brinsmead Road from Sunday (13 Aug). Diversions in place.
Ongoing works in the city:
• Clarence Street: sewer works. Road closed between Lee Street and Humberstone Gate. Also affects Kildare Street. Diversions in place.
• Albert Road: gas main works. Road closed between London Road and Waldale Road. Diversions in place.
• Market Place: carriageway improvements. Road closed between Odeon Arcade and Cheapside. Diversions, including changes to one-way system, in place.
• Friar Lane: carriageway improvements. Road closed between Southgates and Berridge Street. Diversions in place. Access maintained for pedestrians.
• Colton Street: construction work. Road closed between Church Street and Rutland Street. Diversions in place.
• Keyham Lane West: carriageway improvements. Lane closures and temporary traffic signals in place as required.
• Belvoir Street and Welford Place: carriageway improvements. Road closed. Belvoir Street will also remain closed to traffic. Outbound bus services which normally use this route will be diverted via Charles Street, St George’s Way, Waterloo Way and Regent Road, onto Welford Road. Diversions in place for general traffic.
• Millstone Lane: street improvement scheme. Road closed. Diversions in place.
• Western Road: building works. Road closed between Briton Street and Roman Street. Diversions in place.
• Marlborough Street: construction work. Road closed between Welford Road and Duke Street. Diversions in place.
• York Street: building works. Road closed between Albion Street and Granby Street. Diversions in place.
Please note that emergency situations may require work schedules to be changed at short notice.
For queries, please contact Area Traffic Control on 0116 254 000. ATC lines are open Monday-Friday 6.30am-6.30pm, and 9.30am-1pm on Saturdays.
For up-to-date information tune in to Radio Leicester (104.9 FM).
Details of roadworks and information about car parking in Leicester are available online at www.leicester.gov.uk/travel