Roadworks in Leicester - 18th June 2017
Published on Friday, June 16, 2017
New works starting this week (w/c 18 June):
• Peacock Lane: Royal Tigers Parade. Rolling road closures for short time only along parade route (Peacock Lane, St Martin’s, Grey Friars, Berridge Street, Millstone Lane, Horsefair Street and Bishop Street) on Sunday (18 Jun).
• Queens Road: summer fair. Road closed between Clarendon Park Road and Victoria Park Road on Sunday (18 Jun) only. Diversions in place.
• Highfield Street: cabling works. Road closed between Gotham Street and London Road on Sunday (18 Jun) only. Diversions in place.
• Knighton Fields Road East: bridge works. Road closed near to bridge on Tuesday (20 Jun) only. Diversions in place.
Ongoing works in the city:
• University Road: cabling works. Temporary signals in use at junction with Princess Road East.
• Colton Street: construction work. Road closed between Church Street and Rutland Street. Diversions in place.
• Keyham Lane West: carriageway improvements. Lane closures and temporary traffic signals in place as required.
• Belvoir Street and Welford Place: carriageway improvements. Road closed from Sunday (4 Jun). Belvoir Street will also remain closed to traffic. Outbound bus services which normally use this route will be diverted via Charles Street, St George’s Way, Waterloo Way and Regent Road, onto Welford Road. Diversions in place for general traffic.
• Highway Road: bridge works. Temporary signals in use between Stoughton Road and Broadway Road.
• Western Road: building works. Road closed between Briton Street and Roman Street. Diversions in place.
• Grasmere Street: service pipe replacement works. Road closed. Work will move onto Filbert Street, Ullswater Street and then Windermere Street.
• Jupiter Close: building work. Road closed. Diversions in place.
• Marlborough Street: construction work. Road closed between Welford Road and Duke Street. Diversions in place.
• Nichols Street: building work. Road closed between Burton Street and Midland Street. Diversions in place.
• York Street: building works. Road closed between Albion Street and Granby Street. Diversions in place.
Please note that emergency situations may require work schedules to be changed at short notice.
For queries, please contact Area Traffic Control on 0116 254 000. ATC lines are open Monday-Friday 6.30am-6.30pm, and 9.30am-1pm on Saturdays.
For up-to-date information tune in to Radio Leicester (104.9 FM).
Details of roadworks and information about car parking in Leicester are available online at www.leicester.gov.uk/travel