Roadworks in Leicester - 4th June 2017
Published on Friday, June 2, 2017
New works starting this week (w/c 4 June):
• Welford Place: carriageway improvements. Road closed from Sunday (4 Jun). Belvoir Street will also remain closed to traffic. Outbound bus services which normally use this route will be diverted via Charles Street, St George’s Way, Waterloo Way and Regent Road, onto Welford Road. Diversions in place for general traffic.
• Regent Road: crane in carriageway. Road closed between Tigers Way and De Montfort Street on Sunday (4 Jun) and Monday (5 Jun). Diversions in place.
• Nicklaus Road: traffic signal works. Road closed at with Troon Way on Sunday (4 Jun) only. Diversions in place.
• York Road: water main work. Road closed at junction with Welford Road from Monday (5 Jun). Diversions in place.
Ongoing works in the city:
• Stoughton Street South: gas main work. Road closed from junction with Sparkenhoe Street. Diversions in place
• Colton Street: construction work. Road closed between Church Street and Rutland Street. Diversions in place.
• St Peter’s Road: gas main work. Lane closure and temporary signals in use close to junction with Welland Street.
• Ashfordby Street: water main work. Road closed from Wood Hill to Green Lane Road. Diversions in place.
• Keyham Lane West: carriageway improvements. Lane closures and temporary traffic signals in place as required.shdfl;shdfh#;’kl#;k;dfhl;
• Belvoir Street: carriageway improvements. Road closed between Stamford Street and Bowling Green. Also affects King Street and Wellington Street at junction with Belvoir Street. Diversions in place.
• Spencefield Lane: gas main work. Temporary signals in use as required.
• Highway Road: bridge works. Temporary signals in use between Stoughton Road and Broadway Road.
• Western Road: building works. Road closed between Briton Street and Roman Street. Diversions in place.
• Millstone Lane: street improvement scheme. Road closed. Diversions in place.
• Jupiter Close: building work. Road closed. Diversions in place.
• Marlborough Street: construction work. Road closed between Welford Road and Duke Street. Diversions in place.
• Nichols Street: building work. Road closed between Burton Street and Midland Street. Diversions in place.
• York Street: building works. Road closed between Albion Street and Granby Street. Diversions in place.
• William Street: traffic management works. No left turn from the exit from St George's Retail Park.
Please note that emergency situations may require work schedules to be changed at short notice.
For queries, please contact Area Traffic Control on 0116 254 000. ATC lines are open Monday-Friday 6.30am-6.30pm, and 9.30am-1pm on Saturdays.
For up-to-date information tune in to Radio Leicester (104.9 FM).
Details of roadworks and information about car parking in Leicester are available online at www.leicester.gov.uk/travel