Roadworks in Leicester - 14th May 2017
Published on Friday, May 12, 2017
New works starting this week (w/c 14 May):
• St Andrews Road: carriageway repairs. Road closed at junctions with Hallaton Street and Saffron Lane from Sunday (14 May).
• Grasmere Street: utility works. Road closures as required from Monday (15 May), moving on to Filbert Street East, Ullswater Street and Windermere Street.
Ongoing works in the city:
•Bonners Lane: carriageway repairs. Road closed between Oxford Street and Grange Lane. Diversions in place.
• Friar Lane: market development. Road closed between Berridge Street and Hotel Street. Diversions in place.
• Belvoir Street: carriageway improvements. Road closed between Stamford Street and Bowling Green. Also affects King Street and Wellington Street at junction with Belvoir Street. Diversions in place.
• Spencefield Lane: gas main work. Temporary signals in use as required.
• Highway Road: bridge works. Temporary signals in use between Stoughton Road and Broadway Road.
• Western Road: building works. Road closed between Briton Street and Roman Street. Diversions in place.
• Millstone Lane: street improvement scheme. Road closed. Diversions in place.
• Grange Lane: building works. Road closed between Deacon Street and Gosling Street. Other restrictions, as required, in surrounding streets including changes to the one-way system in Deacon Street, The Gateway and Gosling Street.
• Jupiter Close: building work. Road closed. Diversions in place.
• Marlborough Street: construction work. Road closed between Welford Road and Duke Street. Diversions in place.
• Nichols Street: building work. Road closed between Burton Street and Midland Street. Diversions in place.
• York Street: building works. Road closed between Albion Street and Granby Street. Diversions in place.
• William Street: traffic management works. No left turn from the exit from St George's Retail Park.
Please note that emergency situations may require work schedules to be changed at short notice.
For queries, please contact Area Traffic Control on 0116 254 000. ATC lines are open Monday-Friday 6.30am-6.30pm, and 9.30am-1pm on Saturdays.
For up-to-date information tune in to Radio Leicester (104.9 FM).
Details of roadworks and information about car parking in Leicester are available online at www.leicester.gov.uk/travel