Roadworks in Leicester - 26th November 2017
Published on Friday, November 24, 2017
New works in the city (w/c Sunday 26 November):
• Allandale Road: Christmas fair. Road closed between Francis Street and Stoughton Road on Sunday (26 Nov) only. Access will be maintained for residents.
• Burgess Street: cleaning works. Road closed between Junior Street and Lond Lane on Sunday (26 Nov) only. Diversions in place.
• Highcross Street: carriageway works. Road closed southbound between All Saints Open and Vaughan Way from Monday (27 Nov), with overnight closures in place between Vaughan Way and Freeschool Lane from Tuesday (28 Nov). Diversions in place.
• York Street: building works. Road closed between Albion Street and Granby Street.
• Lancaster Road: gas main works. Road closed between University Road and De Montfort Street. Diversions in place.
• Marlborough Street: construction work. Road closed between Welford Road and Duke Street. Diversions in place.
• Friar Lane: carriageway improvements. Road closed between Southgates and Berridge Street. Diversions in place. Access maintained for pedestrians.
• Colton Street: construction work. Road closed between Church Street and Rutland Street. Diversions in place.
• Speers Road: parking bay works. Road closed between Falconer Crescent and Charnor Road. Diversions in place.
• Welford Road: carriageway improvements. Temporary lane closure in place between Welford Place and Marlborough Street.
• King Street: carriageway improvements. Road closed between Belvoir Street/Welford Place and Marlborough Street. Access for pedestrians maintained.
Please note that emergency situations may require work schedules to be changed at short notice.
For queries, please contact Area Traffic Control on 0116 254 0000. ATC lines are open Monday-Friday 6.30am-6.30pm, and 9.30am-1pm on Saturdays.
For up-to-date information tune in to Radio Leicester (104.9 FM).
Details of roadworks and information about car parking in Leicester are available online at www.leicester.gov.uk/travel