Roadworks in Leicester - 22nd October 2017
Published on Friday, October 20, 2017
New works in the city (w/c Sunday 22 October):
• Church Gate: water mains work. Road closed between Haymarket and Mansfield Street, and one-way systems suspended on Haymarket and Belgrave Gate, on Saturday and Sunday only (21-22 October).
• Almond Road: carriageway works. Road closed eastbound at its junction with Aylestone Road on Sunday (22 October) only.
• Lower Hastings Street: water mains work. Road closed at its junction with Lancaster Road from Wednesday (25 October).
• Overton Road: cabling works. Temporary lights in use at the Prestwold Road junction.
• Marlborough Street: construction work. Road closed between Welford Road and Duke Street. Diversions in place.
• Friar Lane: carriageway improvements. Road closed between Southgates and Berridge Street. Diversions in place. Access maintained for pedestrians.
• Colton Street: construction work. Road closed between Church Street and Rutland Street. Diversions in place.
• York Street: building works. Road closed between Albion Street and Granby Street. Diversions in place.
• Welford Road: carriageway improvements. Temporary lane closure in place between Welford Place and Marlborough Street.
• King Street: carriageway improvements. Road closed between Belvoir Street/Welford Place and Marlborough Street. Access for pedestrians maintained.
Please note that emergency situations may require work schedules to be changed at short notice.
For queries, please contact Area Traffic Control on 0116 254 0000. ATC lines are open Monday-Friday 6.30am-6.30pm, and 9.30am-1pm on Saturdays.
For up-to-date information tune in to Radio Leicester (104.9 FM).
Details of roadworks and information about car parking in Leicester are available online at www.leicester.gov.uk/travel