Roadworks in Leicester - 8th October 2017
Published on Friday, October 6, 2017
New works in the city (w/c Sunday 08 October):
• Belgrave Road: Diwali Lights switch on event. Road closed between Belgrave Circle and Loughborough Road from 5pm until 9.30pm on Sunday (08 Oct) only. A short section of the road, outbound between Belgrave Circle and Garfield Street, will be closed from 10am. Parking and other restrictions in place on side streets throughout the day. Diversions in place.
• Marlborough Street: construction work. Road closed between Welford Road and Duke Street. Diversions in place.
• Friar Lane: carriageway improvements. Road closed between Southgates and Berridge Street. Diversions in place. Access maintained for pedestrians.
• Colton Street: construction work. Road closed between Church Street and Rutland Street. Diversions in place.
• York Street: building works. Road closed between Albion Street and Granby Street. Diversions in place.
• Welford Road: carriageway improvements. Temporary lane closure in place between Welford Place and Marlborough Street.
• King Street: carriageway improvements. Road closed between Belvoir Street/Welford Place and Marlborough Street. Access for pedestrians maintained.
Please note that emergency situations may require work schedules to be changed at short notice.
For queries, please contact Area Traffic Control on 0116 254 0000. ATC lines are open Monday-Friday 6.30am-6.30pm, and 9.30am-1pm on Saturdays.
For up-to-date information tune in to Radio Leicester (104.9 FM).
Details of roadworks and information about car parking in Leicester are available online at www.leicester.gov.uk/travel