Investment in repairing residential streets
Published on Thursday, June 7, 2018
RESIDENTIAL streets in communities across Leicester are due to be repaired as part of a £133,000 investment by Leicester City Council.
The surface patching works will be carried out in a series of short, one-day closures, at nine streets over the coming two weeks.
Work will take place as follows:
- Parkvale Road, Spinney Hills, on Monday, June 11
- Duxbury Road, New Humberstone, on Tuesday, June 12
- Heatherbrook Road, Beaumont Leys, on Wednesday, June 13
- Blackmore Drive, Braunstone, on Thursday, June 14
- Rushford Drive, Northfields, on Friday, June 15
The second phase will take place as follows:
- Dorothy Road, Evington, on Monday, July 2
- Roman Street, West End, on Tuesday, July 3
- Ireton Avenue, Humberstone, on Wednesday, July 4
- Equity Road, West End, on Thursday, July 5
- Norman Street, Westcotes, on Friday, July 6
In each case the road will be closed and on street parking suspended for one day, with local diversions signposted. Residents will receive letters prior to the works providing further details.
Leicester City Mayor Peter Soulsby said: “This investment in resurfacing work will address issues that have been raised with us by local communities.
“Patching work like this can be done in one day, meaning we can carry out these improvement works while causing minimal disruption to nearby residents.”
Details of all Leicester traffic and travel are available at @ATCLeicester