Activities in Leicester this Easter
Published on Monday, April 15, 2019
THERE’S lots going on in Leicester this Easter, with lots of low-cost activities taking place in the city’s libraries, museums, leisure centres and open spaces.
Youngsters can make an Easter card, watch a puppet show, jump in to a splash disco or join in the fun at the annual St George’s Festival.
There’s also the chance to see some baby animals at Belgrave Hall & Gardens - and decorate some Easter pottery at the Guildhall.
More ideas for family-friendly activities are set out below:
- 15-18 April Holiday activities at city leisure centres. Charges apply
- Until 27 April Easter Treasure Hunt at Beaumont Leys Library
- Until 28 April Footgolf plus golf at Humberstone Heights for £2.50 (U16)
- Until 28 April Funfair: Abbey Park
- Until 30 June Mods: Shaping a Generation. Exhibition at New Walk Museum.
- 15 April Brilliant bonnets: Newarke Houses Museum: 11am-3pm. £3
- 15 April and 16 April Easter craft workshops: Braunstone Library: 11am-2pm
- 16 April Polkadot Pottery: Guildhall: Paint your own Easter pottery. 11am-3pm - £10
- 16 April Stripey Honey…is very yummy: St Barnabas Library: 11am; Hamilton Library: 3pm (£3)
- 16-18 April Easter Crafts: New Walk Museum (Ages 10-16): 1pm-4pm
- 17 April Easter Animals Fun Day: Belgrave Hall & Gardens: 11am–4pm. £3.50
- 17 April Edible Easter Boxes: Braunstone Library
- 17 April Easter crafts: Aylestone Library: 2pm-3.30pm
- 18 April Easter Eggstravaganza: Guildhall: 11am-3pm. £3.
- 18 April Make an Easter egg box and Easter card: Beaumont Leys Library: 2pm-3.30pm
- 18 April Easter crafts: Central Library: 1.30pm-3pm
- Good Friday (19 April) Leicester at the Cross: Cathedral Gardens - 10am
- Saturday (20 April) St George’s Festival, Orton Square
- 23-26 April Holiday activities at city leisure centres. Charges apply
- St George’s Day (23 April) Railway Day, Abbey Pumping Station: 11am-4pm
- St George’s Day (23 April) Storytelling at Leicester Market: 11am-3pm
- 25 April Glitter, Clay & Arty Party: Guildhall – 11am-3pm. £3 charge.
- 27 April Steam with the Team (NB the beam engines will be in steam): Abbey Pumping Station. Booking required - £5.
More information about events in Leicester this Easter is available here