Free Easter fun at Leicester libraries
Published on Wednesday, April 10, 2019
LEICESTER’S libraries are hosting some free activities for children during the Easter break.
From 15-27 April, Beaumont Leys Library will be inviting youngsters to join an Easter Treasure Hunt, with a Gruffalo pack up for grabs for those who can find the library’s hidden Easter pictures. Creative kids can also make an Easter egg box and an Easter card on Thursday 18 April. The craft session runs from 2pm-3.30pm.
At Braunstone Library in the Brite Centre, there’s a chance to make Easter bonnets and to be creative with Easter eggs. The two workshops take place from 11am to 2pm on Monday 15 and Tuesday 16 April.
On Wednesday 17 April, youngsters will be able to make some delicious Edible Easter Boxes – but please note that spaces must be booked in advance by calling Braunstone Library on 0116 299 5476.
Mashi Theatre, in partnership with The Spark Arts for Children, will bring their touching – and funny – new show to six Leicester libraries this Easter.
‘Stripey Honey…is very yummy’ uses music and puppetry to tell the enchanting story of how tigers, bees and local honey collectors learn to live and play together in the land of Stripes and Honey.
The show runs for 55 minutes and is suitable for children aged five and over.
Performances take place on Saturday 13 April at Westcotes Library (11am) and at Belgrave Neighbourhood Centre (3pm); on Monday 15 April, the show will be at the Brite Centre at 11am and at Highfields Library at 3pm; on Tuesday 16 April, catch the show at St Barnabas Library at 11am or at Hamilton Library at 3pm.
Tickets are £3 for library members, with a family ticket available for £10 (library members).
Buy your tickets at the library, or book online at www.thesparkarts.co.uk/honey
More ideas for family-friendly activities in Leicester this Easter are available here
Other activities taking place in Leicester during the Easter break include:
- 12-28 April Footgolf plus golf at Humberstone Heights for £2.50 (U16)
- 12-28 April Funfair in Abbey Park
- From 13 April Mods: Shaping a Generation: New Walk Museum
- 15-18 April Holiday activities at city leisure centres. Charges apply
- 15 April Brilliant bonnets: Newarke Houses Museum – 11am-3pm. £3
- 16 April Polkadot Pottery: Guildhall: Paint your own Easter pottery. £10. 11am-3pm
- 16-18 April Easter Crafts: New Walk Museum (Ages 10-16): 1pm-4pm
- 17 April Easter Animals Fun Day: Belgrave Hall & Gardens: 11am–4pm. £3.50
- 18 April Easter Eggstravaganza: Guildhall: 11am-3pm. £3.
- Good Friday (19 April) Leicester at the Cross: Cathedral Gardens: 10am
- Easter Saturday (20 April) Mini eggs for shoppers at Leicester Market:
- Easter Saturday (20 April) St George’s Festival, Orton Square
- 23-26 April Holiday activities at city leisure centres. Charges apply.
- St George’s Day (23 April) Railway Day, Abbey Pumping Station: 11am-4pm
- St George’s Day (23 April) Storytelling at Leicester Market: 11am-3pm
- 25 April Glitter, Clay & Arty Party: Guildhall – 11am-3pm. £3 charge.
- 27 April Steam with the Team (NB the beam engines will be in steam): Abbey Pumping Station. Booking required - £5.