RESIDENTIAL streets in communities across Leicester are due to be repaired as part of a £230,000 investment by Leicester City Council.
The road repair works will be carried out in a series of short, one or two-day closures, at nine streets over the coming two weeks.
Work will begin on Monday 20 July and take place as follows:
- De Montfort Square, off New Walk, on Monday 20 July
- Herthull Road, Thurnby Lodge, on Tuesday 21 July
- Newstead Avenue, off Groby Road, on Wednesday 22 July
- Ring Road, Knighton, from Thursday 23 to Friday 24 July
During the second week, the following works are due to take place:
- Wembley Road, Westcotes, on Saturday 25 July
- Astill Lodge Road, Beaumont Leys, on Sunday 26 July
- Sandhurst Road, Newfoundpool, on Monday 27 July
- Lanesborough Road, Rushey Mead, from Tuesday 28 to Wednesday 29 July
- Pendlebury Drive, Knighton, from Thursday 30 to Friday 31 July
In each case the road will be closed and on street parking suspended for the duration of works, with local diversions signposted. Residents will receive letters prior to the works providing further details.
Martin Fletcher, city centre director of highways, said: “This investment in resurfacing work will address issues that have been raised with us by local communities.
“Localised road repairs like this can be done in one or two days, meaning we can carry out these improvement works while causing minimal disruption to nearby residents.”
It is part of Leicester City Council’s £2.1million capital maintenance programme for 2020/21.